KeyGene – the crop innovation company
KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality.
With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, Netherlands and Rockville, MD, USA
The Crop Innovation Unit of KeyGene harbors the three functions Marketing, Sales and Crop Innovation (R&D), all three geared towards generating crop innovations and business in the non-vegetable seeds market. To boost our innovative and entrepreneurial capacity and to strengthen our team, we are looking for an ambitious
Program Scientist Crop Innovation
Vacancy number 16.006
As a Program Scientist (PS), you will initiate, realize and manage innovative and ambitious molecular breeding programs that aim to improve major plant traits. You will be responsible for the contract research we execute for our customers and for initiating strategic internal innovation programs. Through intensive interactions with breeding companies and research partners, you will define short and long term research goals that are in alignment with the company’s strategic goals. You will lead a team of around 8-10 research professionals. Also, you will work closely with Marketing and Sales to help steer our strategic innovation agenda and to acquire additional business. You will be part of the management team of the Crop Innovation Unit of KeyGene and will be reporting to the VP Crop Innovation.
Your qualifications and track record
- PhD. in a relevant area (e.g. plant sciences, breeding, molecular genetics, applied genetics, molecular biology).
- Scientific expertise with demonstrated relevant experience (> 10 years) and a track record of high impact publications and/or patents.
- Provable track record with applied or strategic R&D.
- Strong and inspiring vision on innovative concepts for R&D in the field of molecular breeding and native trait development.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and result-driven research leader with solid communicative skills and working experience in a global setting.
- Entrepreneurial and customer-oriented.
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Experience in business development desired.
Travel: approximately 10% required.
KeyGene offers you a dynamic and high-impact R&D leadership position with accompanying competitive remunerations, in a challenging, highly innovative and ambitious globally active research company.
Additional information can be obtained from Dr. Edwin van der Vossen, VP Crop Innovation (T +31 317 466866; email email@example.com). If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of application and resume to: Keygene N.V. Attn. Ms. A. Philipsen, HR manager (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please mention the vacancy number 16.006 in your letter of application.