Artificial Intelligence Data Scientist
KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a dedicated
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DATA SCIENTIST
to contribute to innovation for crop improvement
Vacancy number 21.003
As an Artificial Intelligence Data Scientist, you will be a key player in developing innovative, data-driven AI solutions for a variety of real-life applications, including: DNA analysis, computer vision, protein design, network modeling, genomic prediction and breeding strategy optimization. Your role may be diverse and together we will mold it to your personal strengths and ambitions; this will allow you to contribute to the strategic design of our AI technologies, handcraft novel methods, and deploy these to create value from data and solve domain-specific problems. You will be part of a vibrant team in data science and bioinformatics. Its members share a strong interest and competences in mathematics and statistics, machine learning, computer vision, data engineering and more, and have a passion to connect these with domain knowledge, from crop genomics to breeding. You have a natural desire to stay up to date with the latest developments in AI and to engineer innovative solutions that change the way we improve the crops that feed the world.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or a related computational field
- Strong background in data science and AI, including traditional machine learning, deep learning and statistics
- Prior knowledge of the fields of plant biotechnology and breeding is not required but you must be eager to learn the basics and be able to communicate and collaborate successfully with domain experts
- Hands-on experience with ML/DL and data science tasks, technologies and frameworks (e.g. classification, regression, generation, RF, SVM, MLP, CNN, GNN, GAN, Transformer, TensorFlow, PyTorch) and programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, R, Cuda)
- Proven track record in the development and application of AI solutions in research and development
- Eagerness to develop scientific and entrepreneurial leadership in an internationally operating business
- A curious, creative, enthusiastic, and “can-do” mindset
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and in a collaborative, dynamic, cross-functional environment with varied teams and projects
- Excellent communication skills in English and across all levels of expertise
KeyGene offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in an exciting, highly innovative and ambitious research company. At KeyGene you will become part of a passionate, inviting and collaborative team.
You will be able to work on the continuous development of our technology platforms and so contribute to our internationally recognized position in agro-biotech research. The position is based in Wageningen (The Netherlands) a worldwide renowned centre of agricultural research.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Roeland van Ham, VP Bioinformatics, telephone +31 317 466866. For more information about the application procedure, please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send us your letter of motivation and cv, using the form below.