KeyGene – the crop innovation company
KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality. With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting-edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, the Netherlands, Rockville, MD, USA and Hyderabad, India.
KeyGene invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of
for a next step in your plant sciences business career
Vacancy number 19.010a
Business Developer is an exciting opportunity for a junior to mid-career professional with an ambition to realize crop innovation with and for our clients. The Business Developer develops, nurtures and is responsible for successful long-term relationships with these clients.
As Business Developer you will initiate contacts and lead discussions and negotiations with prospects, clients and collaborators about new opportunities and propositions. You will be the account manager for selected clients. You will work in close collaboration with your colleagues and will represent KeyGene to prospects and clients through direct communication and (business) presentations. You will also attend conferences, market- and client events. The position is based in Wageningen, The Netherlands. Frequent travelling (20-40% of time) will be required as part of this position, with a focus on EMEA.
You will also actively scout for and articulate market needs and contribute to the realization of new propositions based on market needs and KeyGene’s innovations.
- Realize & secure business within selected segments. Represent KeyGene in the market;
- Account management for selected clients and responsibility for account plans & realization;
- Work as one team with KeyGene scientists and support staff;
- Identify target clients and segments by being present in the market and by performing market analyses in close collaboration with people responsible for market intelligence;
- Articulate market needs and contribute to realizing new propositions.
- Graduate degree in life sciences (a specialization in plant breeding, plant sciences or genomics is desirable);
- MBA and/or 2-3 years of experience in Business Development;
- Demonstrated affinity, drive and success in business development. Pro-actively expanding your personal and professional knowledge and network;
- See and drive collaboration as key to success, both with the client as well as within KeyGene;
- Appreciation for multicultural and multinational collaborations, teams and clients;
- Fluent in English and preferably also fluent in German and/or French.
KeyGene offers an excellent remuneration package and an output driven role in a dedicated and energetic team. Next to that, you will be offered the possibility to work in a highly innovative and international oriented company that gives you opportunities to take the initiative and lead in how to realize your goals. KeyGene stimulates an active development program in further developing your business development competences as well as personal development.
Please address all questions related to the position to Robert van Tuil, team leader Marketing & Business development (T +31 317 466866; email firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in this position, please upload your letter of application and resume before September 20, 2019 via the form attached to this vacancy. Please mention the vacancy number 19.010a in your letter of application.