KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality. With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting-edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, the Netherlands, Rockville, MD, USA and Hyderabad, India.
KeyGene invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of
for a next step in plant sciences business career
Vacancy number 19.004
The role of Business Developer is an exciting opportunity for a junior to mid-career professional with an ambition to realize value in crop innovation with and for our clients through developing and nurturing successful long-term relationships with these clients.
In this position you will pro-actively initiate discussions and negotiations with companies and collaborators about new opportunities and propositions. You will also act as account manager for some clients. As business developer you will work in close collaboration with your colleagues and you will represent KeyGene to clients through communication and through presentations on KeyGene technologies and offerings. Moreover, you will attend conferences, market and client events. The position is based in Wageningen, The Netherlands and frequent travelling (20-40% of time) will be required as part of this position.
As member of the marketing & business development team you will actively scout for and articulate market needs. This way you will contribute to the realization of new propositions based on market needs and KeyGene’s innovations.
- Develop and sustain business within selected segments with a focus on the EMEA region
- Represent KeyGene in the market, both at individual companies as well as at events and in (online) media
- Work as one team with KeyGene scientists and support staff in realizing & securing business as well in market communication
- Identify target clients and segments by performing market analyses in close collaboration with people responsible for market intelligence
- Prepare business models, contracts and account plans incl. budgets for business development activities
- Articulate market needs and contribute to realizing new propositions
- Graduate degree in life sciences (a specialization in plant breeding, plant sciences or genomics is desirable)
- MBA and/or 2-3 years of experience in Business Development is preferred
- Understand coherence between disciplines in market-oriented research and product development
- Fluent in German and/or French next to English
- Motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge and network
- Experience with and appreciation for multicultural and multinational collaborations, teams and clients
- Strong organizational and planning skills, decisive and hands-on approach
KeyGene offers an excellent remuneration package and an output driven role in a dedicated and energetic team. Next to that, you will be offered the possibility to work in a highly innovative and international oriented company that gives you opportunities to take the initiative and lead in how to realize your goals. KeyGene stimulates an active development program in further advancing business development competences as well as personal development.
Please address all questions related to the position to Robert van Tuil, team leader Marketing & Business development (T +31 317 466866; email firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in this position, please upload your letter of application and resume before April 15, 2019 via the form below. Please mention the vacancy number 19.004 in your letter of application.