Business Development Associate
KeyGene – the crop innovation company
KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality. With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting-edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, the Netherlands, Rockville, MD, USA and Hyderabad, India.
KeyGene invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of
Business Development Associate
for a first step in a plant sciences business career
Vacancy number 19.010b
Business Development Associate is an exciting entry level position for a junior professional with an ambition to contribute to realizing crop innovation with and for our clients. The Business Development Associate will participate in developing and nurturing successful long-term relationships with these clients.
As Business Development Associate you will prepare for discussions and negotiations with clients and collaborators about new opportunities and propositions. You will also participate in these discussions and grow to lead these interactions over time. You will work in close collaboration with your colleagues. You will also grow to represent KeyGene to prospects and clients through direct communication and (business) presentations on KeyGene technologies and propositions and to convert prospects to clients. You will also attend conferences, market and client events. The position is based in Wageningen, The Netherlands. Frequent travelling (20-40% of time) will be required as part of this position, with a focus on EMEA.
- Contribute to realizing & securing business within selected segments. Represent KeyGene in the market;
- Work as one team with KeyGene scientists and support staff;
- Contribute to identifying target clients and segments by being present in the market and by performing market analyses in close collaboration with people responsible for market intelligence;
- Articulate market needs.
- Graduate degree in life sciences (a specialization in plant breeding, plant sciences or genomics is desirable);
- Affinity and drive for business development. Pro-actively building your personal and professional knowledge and network;
- See and drive collaboration as key to success, both with the client as well as within KeyGene;
- Appreciation for multicultural and multinational collaborations, teams and clients;
- Fluent in English and preferably also fluent in German and/or French.
KeyGene offers an excellent remuneration package and an output driven role in a dedicated and energetic team. Next to that, you will be offered the possibility to work in a highly innovative and international oriented company that gives you opportunities to take the initiative and lead in how to realize your goals. KeyGene stimulates an active development program in developing business development competences as well as personal development.
Please address all questions related to the position to Robert van Tuil, team leader Marketing & Business development (T +31 317 466866; email firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of application and resume via the form attached to this vacancy. Please mention the vacancy number 19.010b in your letter of application.