To strengthen KeyGene’s data engineering operations, we are looking for a talented:
Vacancy number 22.008
Data, information and knowledge are among KeyGene’s most important products. The amounts of such data that are being generated both in the public domain and in-house have been ever increasing over the past decade. As a Data Engineer you will play a central role in connecting these data sets with our technical research to jointly develop state-of-the-art Data Science solutions. An important part of the position involves closely working together with data scientists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians, IT and software developers to translate their data needs into computational solutions on premise as well as in the cloud. Besides hands-on building solutions that enable our research and development to grow even faster, you will also participate in defining and implementing strategic visions that will further strengthen the leading position of our Innovation Platforms in the market.
- Training and at least 2 years hands-on experience in the domain of data warehousing, cloud engineering, ML/DL modelling, version control, ETL pipelines and/or (hybrid) cloud data platforms
- Capable of translating functional questions into technical solutions with an eye for the broader landscape
- Proven experience with generating balanced datasets for AI developments
- Proficiency with the design and deployment of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD workflows
- Affinity with biological omics data is an advantage
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Python or C++
- Team player with good communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Driven by continuous learning and innovation
- Agile working spirit, able to quickly engage with the latest developments in the field
KeyGene offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in a vibrant, highly innovative and ambitious research company. You will be able to contribute to the company’s internationally recognized position in plant research. You will be located at KeyGene in Wageningen (The Netherlands), a worldwide renowned centre of agricultural research and innovation.
Additional information can be obtained from Dr. Marcel van Verk, Program Scientist Crop Data Science, telephone +31 317 466866.
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send us your letter of motivation and cv, using the form below.