Engineer Process Automation
KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position in innovation and is therefore hiring an enthusiastic Engineer Process Automation in experimental plant research.
Are you a passionate engineer in the field of biotechnology, medical sciences, or chemistry? Do you love to move forward by taking advantage of your own creativity and communication skills, taking initiative by, for instance, handling soldering tools and programming computers, all for the sake of improvement of research in (food)crops? Then KeyGene would love to hear from you, as we are hiring an engineer who will support experimental plant science in all parts of our company.
Come and join KeyGene to work in an internationally oriented business environment, in an international team of research specialists. In this team, you will work together with cell and molecular biologists on the development and application of automation and digitization of cell and tissue technologies as well as greenhouse processes such as digital phenotyping (the automation of plant phenotyping through robotics and computer vision).
In your job, you will come up with ideas to co-create and implement (new) tools to execute scientific experiments. You will be working in a project-based research environment, and your tasks will be to organize and plan and keep in contact with the different parties involved. You will work autonomously as well as in teams.
Your main responsibilities are experimental design, prototyping, implementation, data analysis and concise reporting to the project leaders. Together with other experts in your team and in close collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues outside your team, you will work on different projects and contribute to the success of KeyGene.
Desired skills and expertise
- BSc or MSc in the field of biotechnology engineering, medical engineer, computer science or informatics
- Hands-on experience with technical implementations in a research environment from an engineering perspective
- Capable of working independently and well-organized in a dynamic professional environment
- Quality and result-oriented team player
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Flexible and proactive working attitude to achieve objectives
- A dynamic job in a vibrant, highly innovative and ambitious research company;
- Together with an international team of colleagues in a wide variety of expertises, you will work with and for our international partners for a healthier & more sustainable food supply;
- Working location Wageningen (The Netherlands), a worldwide renowned center of agricultural research, with the possibility to partly work from home.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Marco van Schriek, Scientist; email: email@example.com.
If you are interested in this position, please upload your motivation letter and resume via the form below. Deadline for application is June 16, 2023.