Intern – Hyperspectral Data Analysis/Modeling
We are looking for an:
Intern Hyperspectral Data Analysis/Modeling
Would you enjoy applying machine learning approaches to phenotyping analysis to support plant breeding?
We are looking for a student interested in an internship to help generate a pipeline for plant phenotyping using hyperspectral imaging technology. In this position you will learn about the research and development process of how to apply a new type of imaging technology to empower reaching a specific breeding target. You work in close collaboration with members from bioinformatics, modelling and digital phenotyping groups.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop tools for hyperspectral image analysis.
- Prepare plant materials & collect data cubes, execute the data analysis and modeling, write reports.
- Plan your daily activities according to the project plans and keep timelines.
- Msc or Bsc student in bioinformatics or plant science or related.
- Experience in programming, especially python. Experience with developing code instead of only using python for scripting is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning, such as KNN or random forest.
- Nice to have: experience in working with .raw images ( such as a photography hobby).
- Good project management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enjoy thinking out of the box, help to solve problems, being critical and work in a team.
Additional information can be obtained from Marco van Schriek (firstname.lastname@example.org). In case you are interested in the position as intern, feel invited to upload your motivation letter and your resume via the form below.