KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a dedicated
at the interface of plant breeding and molecular biology
Vacancy number 21.005
Your main task will be to initiate and execute scientific research in a project based R&D environment. As researcher you will initiate and contribute to innovations for complex crop genetics and genomics. Your work will be both autonomously as well as in teams and you will provide reporting on the process and results for the customers. You explore process improvements pro-actively, and validate and implement new procedures and methods to further develop the quality and efficiency of our R&D. Together with other experts in your team you will work on different projects to ensure that research goals are met within the company’s project milestones.
- PhD degree (or MSc with additional work experience) in the field of molecular plant genetics, plant biotechnology, plant sciences or related fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with relevant specialized methods, scripting, statistical tools, technology and traits
- Affinity with plant breeding
- Experience with polyploid and/or vegetatively propagated crops is a pre
- Capable of working independently and well organized in a dynamic professional environment
- Quality and result-oriented team player
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Flexible and pro-active working attitude to achieve objectives
KeyGene offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in an exciting, highly innovative and ambitious research company. At KeyGene you will become part of a passionate, inviting and collaborative team. You will be able to work on the continuous development of our technology platforms and so contribute to our internationally recognized position in agro-biotech research. The position is based in Wageningen (The Netherlands) a worldwide renowned centre of agricultural research.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Dr. Wilco Ligterink, Program Scientist Flowers and Field Crops, telephone +31 317 466866. For more information about the application procedure, please contact the HR department at email@example.com.
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send us your letter of motivation and cv, using the form below.