Patent Attorney Trainee
KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a dedicated
Patent Attorney Trainee
in an international research & business environment.
Vacancy number 20.004
In this position, you will work under the supervision and mentorship of a qualified Patent Attorney and you will be part of the team Intellectual Property & Legal Affairs. Your main tasks will be to:
- Study and analyze inventions and perform searches to determine patentability
- Draft, file and prosecute patent applications
- Track and monitor published patent applications and issued patents throughout their life cycle in specific technology domains
- Identify key features of a product and technology and map these features on to patented subject matter to determine freedom to operate
- Critically analyze patents and products to determine potential infringement and licensing opportunities
- Assist in patent challenge and defense procedures in international forums
- University degree in life sciences (PhD is preferred)
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and writing. This is essential in order to effectively put an invention into words.
- Quality and result-oriented team player who enjoys to be investigative and to think creatively along with researchers regarding patentability.
- Flexible and pro-active working attitude towards timely achieving project objectives
- Capable of working independently and well organized in a dynamic professional environment
- Ambition to qualify as a Dutch and/or European Patent Attorney
- Affinity with molecular biology
- Capability to quickly understand technological developments
In addition to this training-on-the-job, KeyGene offers the opportunity and financial support for your qualification as a Dutch and European Patent Attorney. Qualification requires attending training course and taking exams on average one day a week during a period of 3 years. KeyGene offers a temporary contract, with the prospect of a permanent contract, and excellent employment conditions.
Next to that, working at KeyGene in Wageningen offers you the possibility to gain experience in an international R&D company and to be part of a diverse group of 140 colleagues in Wageningen, USA and India.
For additional information about the position, please contact Thea van der Wijk, VP Intellectual Property and Legal Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org . For information about the application procedure, please contact the HR department at email@example.com.
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send us your letter of motivation and cv, using the form below, before February 8.