Program Scientist / Team Leader DNA Innovations
KeyGene – the crop innovation company
KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality. With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting-edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, the Netherlands, Rockville, MD, USA and Hyderabad, India.
KeyGene invites qualified team leaders with a strong affinity to DNA technology development to apply for the position of
PROGRAM SCIENTIST / TEAM LEADER
Vacancy number 19.007
As a Program Scientist you are responsible to initiate, realize and manage highly innovative and ambitious molecular breeding technology development programs and projects that aim to significantly accelerate molecular plant breeding. Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies take a prominent role in these programs. Through intensive interactions with breeding companies and research partners, you will define short and long term research goals and ensure timely delivery. This involves collaborative engagement with bio-informatics and crop disciplines within KeyGene, as well as with external partners and customers. You will lead a team of R&D professionals and will coach and inspire your team members in their individual development. You will be reporting to the Vice-President Technology Development. Although the position is in a crop innovation company, also research leaders from outside the plant field, who have a strong affinity to DNA technology innovations, are highly encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. in (plant) molecular genomics
- Highly experienced with NGS protocol development for molecular genetics applications
- Internationally recognized scientific leader with a global network
- Strong and inspiring vision on molecular genetics opportunities and ability to translate these into cutting-edge R&D programs
- Innovative, ambitious and enthusiastic research leader with solid communicative skills in global setting
- Entrepreneurial and customer-oriented
- Proven leadership and project management skills
Your track record
- Excellent track record of delivering R&D innovations demonstrable by several high-impact scientific and/or patent publications
- Thorough experience in the field of NGS (platforms, data production, analysis)
- Affinity for intellectual property (IP) protection of inventions
KeyGene offers you a dynamic and high-impact scientific leadership position with accompanying competitive remunerations, in a challenging, highly innovative and ambitious globally active research company.
Additional information can be obtained from Dr. Nathalie van Orsouw, VP Technology Development Telephone +31 317 466866; email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this position, please upload your letter of application and resume via the form below. Please mention the vacancy number 19.007 in your letter of application.