KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality. With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting-edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, the Netherlands, Rockville, MD, USA and Hyderabad, India.
To strengthen our team in Rockville, MD, USA KeyGene invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of
Vacancy number 19.US001
As a member of KeyGene USA, the Research Associate joins a team of highly motivated scientists focused on translational agriculture and crop innovation. The ideal candidate for this position is a high energy individual with the ability to follow directions and is detail oriented with the strong ability to multi-task. This individual must have a willingness to learn and assist in other areas when needed. The position is on full-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plant tissue culture, media preparation and transformation:
- Perform standard tissue culture laboratory work.
- Preparation of a variety of high-quality plant tissue culture and microbiological media.
- Support production of transgenic plants and cell cultures in a high throughput environment.
- Introduction, maintenance and sample isolation of in-vitro material.
- Interpret experimental results and be able to troubleshoot technical issues with supervision.
- Design and execute PCR reactions and gel analysis with minimal supervision.
- Analysis of sequencing results.
- Perform laboratory procedures following established protocols with a focus on quality data collection and accurate documentation of results.
- Metabolite analysis experience using HPLC or GC is desired.
- Microscopy is a desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific competency area preferred with 2 years of experience.
- Experience working in plant sciences in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in aseptic techniques and/or plant cell culture or plant transformation.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in planning, organizing, time management and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Computer literacy on frequently used databases and software in a research environment.
- Commitment to safety and teamwork in the workplace.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Desired Key Competencies
- Problem-solving skills and desire to continually improve methods for plant production.
- Demonstrated experience working in teams with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively perform designated tasks as directed by supervisor and/or according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proactive and organized; takes initiative to solve problems before they become an issue.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy laboratory environment and manage time efficiently.
- Comfortable maintaining, troubleshooting, reading operating manuals or contacting technical support.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, integrity, trustworthiness and a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Travel: Not required
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Sireen Khan, Manager, Business Operations and Science Strategy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this position, please upload your letter of application and resume via the form attached to the vacancy on our website. Please mention the vacancy number 19.US001 in your letter of application.