Researcher Plant Reproduction Biology
KeyGene – the crop innovation company
KeyGene is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality. With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector. Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops. Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting-edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. At KeyGene, we work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world. Our company is based in Wageningen, the Netherlands, Rockville, MD, USA and Hyderabad, India.
KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a skilled
Plant Reproduction Biology
Vacancy number 19.009
who will become part of the Vegetable Crop Research Unit and will be involved in various plant reproduction traits projects.
As researcher your main task will be to initiate and execute scientific research in a project based R&D environment. You will work both autonomously as well as in teams. For customers you will provide reporting on the process and results. You will explore process improvements pro-actively, and validate and implement new procedures and methods to further develop the quality and efficiency of our R&D. Together with other experts in your team you will work on different projects to ensure that research goals are met within the company’s project milestones.
We are looking for an innovative and ambitious new colleague who has shown to perform excellent scientific research, feels comfortable in a multidisciplinary environment and has good communication skills.
- Early career researcher with PhD degree in the field of (plant) biotechnology, plant sciences, genetics or related fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with relevant specialized methods, technology and traits
- Capable of working independently and well organized in a dynamic professional environment
- Quality and result-oriented team player
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Flexible and pro-active working and learning attitude to achieve objectives
- Affinity with plant breeding
- A background in reproduction biology is preferred but not essential.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Rik op de Camp, program scientist, +31 317 466 866, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this position you can send your letter of application and resume to: Keygene N.V.,
Attn. Ms A. Philipsen, HR manager, P.O. Box 216, 6700 AE Wageningen, the Netherlands or by email: email@example.com mention the vacancy number 19.009 in your letter of application.