PDF available here
KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a skilled
Vacancy number 18.015
As Scientific Programmer you will participate in diverse software development projects, covering the design and implementation of new, and the expansion and maintenance of existing systems. These range from applications specific for the field of bioinformatics and plant biotechnology, to generic technologies for information management and data visualization. In interdisciplinary collaborations, you will help develop cutting edge computational methods to speed up the process of plant breeding. You will work in a team of bioinformatics professionals, which is part of KeyGene’s Bioinformatics & Modeling department.
Desired skills and experience
- MSc degree in Informatics / Computer Science or related field
- Proficient programming skills in at least C++ and Java
- Strong background in software development, including test design
- Experience with Linux and parallel computing on clusters and or cloud infrastructure
- Ambition to work in a pioneering research field
- Enthusiastic team-player with a ”can do” attitude
- Experience in Life Science Industry and knowledge of plant biotechnology and related data analysis is an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
KeyGene offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in a vibrant, highly innovative and ambitious research company. You will be able to contribute to our internationally recognized position in agro-biotech research.
Additional information can be obtained from Antoine Janssen (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone +31 317 466866. If you are interested in this position you can upload your letter of application and resume via the form below.