Technician Applied Molecular Genetics
KeyGene continues to strengthen its competitive position in crop innovation research. Therefore we are looking for a skilled Technician Applied Molecular Genetics (Vacancy number 20.002)
You will be involved in vegetable crop research projects and in projects focusing on the interface between plant breeding and molecular genetic plant research. These projects are aimed at the generation of molecular genetic data and tools for breeding programs, genetic mapping of traits and the development of novel traits in vegetable crops. Your past experience with state-of-the-art molecular techniques, genetics and data science will help to execute your projects to the highest standards.
Your main task will be to execute scientific experiments in a project-based research environment. You will plan, organize and work both autonomously as well as in teams. Experimental design of projects, data production, quality control, scripting and analysis of large data sets and concise reporting to the project leader are your main responsibilities. Together with other experts in the team, you will work on different projects to ensure that research goals are met within the company’s project milestones.
- BSc or MSc degree in the field of (plant) biotechnology, genetics or molecular biology
- Minimal two years hands-on expertise with molecular laboratory technologies and plant handling
- Capable of handling and organizing large data sets (through scripting in e.g. Python or R)
- Capable of working independently and well organized in a dynamic professional environment
- Quality and result-oriented team player
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Flexible and pro-active working attitude towards timely achieving project objectives
- Affinity with cell biology technologies and its applications
- Affinity with plant breeding
For more information about the application procedure, please contact KeyGene’s HR department: +31 317 466866 or by mail email@example.com.